I am. Yes, that is a complete sentence, not a grammatical error! For a long time, this site was visited mostly by people who already know me in person. But, now that I’m trying to grow the damn thing, my editor said I need to give some more info.
- Caucasian Male, US Citizen, 182cm, ~180lbs. depending on how healthy I’m behaving.
- Born 7/19/1991 in Fairfax Hospital in Fairfax, VA in the USA.
- Educated at Mosby Woods Elementary through the fourth grade, perhaps the most diverse elementary school, with 28 languages and students from around the world.
- From 5-12th grade, I went to private catholic school.
- I spent my college years in Blacksburg, VA at Virginia Tech.
- Professionally you can check my credentials on my coaching page.
This term was introduced to me by Sara Campbell, the genius behind Tiny Revolutions. Honestly, I don’t know how to put my psychographic info into words well, but poking around my site, checking my other social channels and podcast will give you an idea of how I think. As per memetic tribes, people say I’m a member of many, including ones whose membership excludes membership in others. My top three values are:
- Health– in a holistic sense. Physical, Intellectual, Emotional, Spiritual, and Financial are some dimensions. The body is a cybernetic system and these dimensions influence each other.
- Learning– lifelong learning is crucial for me, as is the deliberate cultivation of curiosity. I believe that knowledge is power, and it comes from many places besides school.
- Love– deliberately trying to be a loving person. Love is a verb. There’s the emotional experience, and the manifestation in a behavioral sense, a demonstration of love. I define that kind of love as genuinely wanting what’s best for someone, in whatever way that looks to you. This is why parents often wound their kids despite loving them. The idea of “what’s best” can have a huge delta between persons.