Listen to this episode on: Apple Podcast | Spotify Podcast | Google Podcast
Oz Chen is my friend and go-to person when it comes to meta-cognition, which for normal people means “thinking about thinking.” Oz has been blogging on and off for twenty years, writes professionally, and dives into the intersection of psychology and finance at ozchen.com. In this episode we tackle mental models, cognitive biases, silly mistakes otherwise smart people make, and the big kahuna, thinking about thinking. This includes how to maintain an open mind without fooling yourself, and marriage to ideology.
Sponsor: The Crypto Curator, a news curation site providing the best coverage of news articles, blogs, podcasts, and videos from the industry thought leaders. Instead of trying to search for news or have the same news read over and over, follow The Crypto Curator and gain access to Crypto Watch.
- Oz’s website
- Xanga blogging platform
- Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari D🤑
- Lil Dicky
- The Great Mental Models Volume 1 by Shane Parrish and Rhiannon Beaubien D🤑
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi D🤑
- The Motley Fool
- The Cognitive Bias Codex- list of many cognitive biases. For any cognitive biases you heard mentioned in the episode, check here!
- Hacker News
- Everything Is A Remix
- Learning How To Learn
- Hippie Critical
- Tripartite Epistemics (scroll down the article to find it)
- Everything Is F*cked by Mark Manson D🤑
- Merchants Of Doubt by Naomi Oreskes and Erik M. Conway D🤑
- Drama Triangle