Mountain Chang founded Carets after reading The Four Hour Workweek. Carets makes barefoot dress shoes. As a barefoot shoe wearer of eight years and many brands myself, I was stoked to meet Mountain. Aside from his day job, Mountain has held California weight lifting records, ran the LA Marathon barefoot, takes professional singing lessons, and in a past life worked as an accountant.
Mountain lives as an example of what a person can become when they embrace their curiosity, the main theme we explore this episode as told via anecdotes from Mountain’s life with some of my personal experiences sprinkled throughout.
Sponsor: Compassionate Connecting- Would you like…more self-control and ease in challenging situations? Freedom from reacting to imaginary bullets coming at you? Skills for getting back to fullness after being triggered? Join us for a 10-week series focused on self-connection through Nonviolent Communication (NVC) practices online through Zoom Starting Wednesday 10/20/21 12pm-1:30pm PDT. First session FREE.
Links From The Episode
- Born To Run by Christopher MacDougall D🤑
- Vibram Five Fingers barefoot shoes D🤑 these are one model, the brand sells many different ones
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss D🤑
- Mark’s Daily Apple
- Antonio Centeno’s Real Men Real Style
- The Art Of Manliness
- Eat’N Tool from Columbia River Knife and Tool (CRKT) D🤑
- The pants Mountain wears
- Paul Bragiel man who hacked the Olympics